Monday, January 28, 2008

Another Me

Today I sat down at the computer with my coffee in hand to read my emails. I saw the title to one that read another Brenda. When I looked at the email address it was one that I didn't recognize so my curiosity was peaked. So of course it was the first one that I opened.

Here is what it was. What a fun way to start the day.

Hi,
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Brenda McGinnis.
Yes, there are 2 of us.
Funny thing....I was googling my name looking for an
article that was written a few years back on volunteerism.
I had volunteered that year at my son's school some 1500
hours and the local paper had done a feature story. Well
when the hits come up, I see your blog and start to read
out of curiosity.

Although I am about 8 years older than you it seems
we have or had alot in common. Most of my friends are
the circle of friends I have in church.

I noticed you spoke of BRENDON in one of your entries.
We have a son named BRENDAN and I call him BRENNIE
sometimes. He doesn't like it since he is 21 and thinks he
is way to old to be called petty names by his mom.

I don't have any grandchildren. I have 2 older children and
both are married but no babies just granddogs so far.
of course, my oldest son just married the last of December.
He and his bride had a beautiful winter wonderland wedding.
It was unbelievably beautiful with hundreds upon hundreds
of snowflakes and lots of white lights and trees....wow

I live in a small town in Kentucky not to far from Nashville,
TN. I am a retired human resource manager and I love
being at home even though it is empty without the kids.
My husband is retired and he builds electric guitars so I
get to hear him strum all day.

Well, sorry to be so lengthy but I wanted to let you know
you weren't the only one of us in this small world. ha-ha

Brenda, if you are reading this I hope you don't mind that I published your email.


Last night we had a meeting with the Lockes and the Viau's to work on the back to school community outreach.
The Lockes were unable to come at the last minute because Judah was running a fever of 101 and having some respitory trouble. They took him to the emergency at Meth. and ended up keeping him there over night.
But Joe and Judy came out and we talked through the families we are helping and where they are all at because they are going out of town to Mexico for two weeks. Oh I had to fight a little jealousy when they said they can see the beach from there room. Actually I am very happy for them and hope that someday Larry and I can travel like that. We will see what God has planned for us in that area. I asked them to do us a favor and not bring back any bad weather and they said they did last year. That is when we had that horrible snow storm and we were with out power for three days and couldn't get out to go anywhere. That was there fault. LOL Actually I hope they have a wonderful time. They are wonderful people. They have totally thrown themselves into the outreaches and given themselves to all of these families.
Now with them out of town for two weeks I am going to be the contact person. I am scared. You should pray for me. And timing couldn't be worse. Or at least it looks like that to me. Larry and I are teaching on spiritual gifts for three weeks on Wednesday nights and the teacher appreciation dinner and on and on. But God says he works all things together for my good so I will watch him work and believe that when February is over I will have grown. Just looking at that and seeing a whole month of growing. You really should pray for me.

Have a great Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home