Thursday, September 27, 2007

A love-hate relationship

I have a love hate relationship with blogger. I love reading others post and occasionally crave the opportunity to share some thoughts of my own. But I hate trying to get on to MY blogger account. It is probably my internet provider but for me it is all wrapped up in one package.

So enough ranting. What has been going on. Well since my last post was in July, probably alot. August flew by. Very busy. Lots of meetings. This is a busy time of year for us in childrens ministry. Plans to kick off the new school year and Christmas. And I have been making an effort to really get a grip on my world(the house). Organizing and pitching what can be pitched. How do we accumulate so much stuff that is the never answered question.
Also we went to the fair. I had fun. It was not to hot and I saw alot of people that I new and also had great visits with family.

September came and I was counting down the days to go to the Joyce Meyer Womens Confrence. I have always wanted to go God blessed me this year with the opportunity. More about that in a minute.

My Dad had surgery the day after labor day. He did really well and is recuperating at home. Actually I have observed the strength of both of my parents in the face of physical adversity and emotional and just got to say that I am glad that I have inheritaded those genes.

Well the womens confrence was so incredible for me. I have a very hard time putting it into words. Life changing seems like such a common phrase yet that is what it was. I feel like I was given a new life in a way. Readjustment doesn't sound right. NEW heart sounds right. I recieved direction and zeal that I haven't had for years. It is almost like I was dead but I thought I was living.
Now my prayer is that the soil that the word was planted in was good soil and the seed will take root and flourish. I am pretty sure that the soil was thourougly tilled this weekend. That is what it was like for me. I have been weeding out my flower beds over the summer and have come to hate crabgrass. It spreads quickly and looks like grass but it is a weed. It spreads with these roots that go under the soil and send up another plant. The roots are strong and you start to pull and end up needing a shovel to turn up the dirt to get to all of the roots because under the surface of the dirt there is a network of roots. If you are not applying a chemical to kill them all and also kill the flowers they are by you must turn up the soil to reveal the roots and pull them.
That is what happened to me this weekend. And I felt like a shovel had been taken to my life and all those roots were revealed and if they were not going to flourish any more then they had to be dug up.
Timing was perfect as God's always is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home