Friday, July 27, 2007

Believe!

Not to have a sister out do me, I am posting today. Great post Kim. That is one of the things I love about her. She is truly a river that runs deep. She makes you think and spurs you on to do more study on your own. Love that.

Well last night at worship practice one of the girls on the team was talking about how she is gaining weight and can’t get a handle on it. She remarked on some of the people around who are losing weight and how she is gaining what they are losing. So we started talking about excersice. I suggested to her that she start just trying to get excersice into her schedule. Even if it is not a schedule you would read about in some diet guru’s book to just start moving and then add in the gradual changes that will be life long changes to make a difference in her life.

You know up to this point I have nto said anything about my excersice regime that I had started except to Kim and she is doing the same thing. But I had not said anything for a reason. The reason is that it seems like as soon as you say anything like that you are immediately challenged on what you said. It is as if the devil immediately comes and says to me, “Do you really believe that? You are all about the excitement of a new idea but after the momentary burst of passion can you sustain it. Is it real? Real enough to do the work not just talk about it. DO YOU BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAY BRENDA?” Oh this has happened to me many times. Many times. To the point that I think that subconsiously I expect it. Because if I expect it I will not be surprised when it happens. And I will not have to be dissapointed in myself.

What do I believe? Do I believe that I can build this habit of excersice into my life. Do I believe that I can be 70 years old and still be a vibrant, energizing, energetic woman. Can I go from just I want to I will?
Do I believe that what I am doing is good for me and will yield the fruit of dicsipling and self-control?
You see I was thinking about this what do I believe stuff before only in reagards to worship. My worship is a reflection of what I believe. I am not ashamed to lift up my hands or bow my knee in worship to my savior. But there are time when I do feel a tugging to kneel or or even to leave the platform and stand at the alter and in my head I think will people think that there is something wrong with me because I don’t normally do those things. So at that moment I believe that what those people think of me is more important than what God is thinking of me. No discipline-not yeilding of any fruit.

See in this process of changing life patterns you have to ask what do you believe. Do you believe that you can’t get up an half hour earlier to excersice? Do you believe that you can pray for your enemy’s? Do I believe that Jesus is the only answer to every struggle that man can have? If I do then why do I not share that answer when I see someone who is looking for the answer? WHAT DO I BELIEVE?

Here is my dscipline verse: Hebrews 12:11
For the time being no discipline brings joy, but seems grievous and painful: but afterwards it yields a peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it [ a harvest of fruit which consists in rightousness –in conformity to God’s will in pupose, thought, and action, resulting in right living and right standing with God]. Amplified.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home