Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The look of Love

It has been awhile. Sorry. I have had a terrible time getting into my blog and when I fianlly do I have used up the time I had to write.

Hey it is October. Wow.

I was looking for something in Brendon's room the other day and came across a to do list he had on his desk. It read:
* help Mother
* do school
* read Bible
* spend time with God
I got a kick out of the fact he called me Mother. May your prioriies stay that way for along time Brennie.

I have a lot of things going on right now. Working on building my wedding buisness. Thinking of renaming it "As You Wish"
What do you think? Also, through a new thing we are doing I am trying to help a family that has had a very bad last year. If I ever think things are tough (wich I don't very often) I need to remember this family. Most of the time when I talk to the wife I really don't know what to say to her. I just keep telling her that we want to bear the burden with her. Help her to take some of it off if we can. Last night I was reading through some of my notes from the womens confrence in St. Louis. Joyce had said to ask God to show you somebody with need. I wrote that down. I asked God for that very thing. I think I live a pretty sheltered life. I am a housewife, I homeschool my kids, and I go to church. My friends are all christians. I know there are people in our church who have needs but I asked God to show me somebody outside of that area to help.
Well that is what has happened. I had forgoten about what I had asked for until last night. I sat and read that and remembered. I had just gotten off the phone with the wife of this family and stood in my kitchen and cried because I feel so helpless. What can you say? Jesus loves you is true but to this women who has lived this past year thankful she made it from one day to the next, it doesn't seem like enough. I know it is but does she? And how will she know? Because we say so or because we let her see so. Even now just typing this it bring tears to my eyes thinking about how the littlest things that we have done so far have meant to her. A bag of cat litter taken to her door. Yea, it may seem crazy but she couldn't afford cat litter. Do you know what a blessing it can be to not smell foul cat smell in your bathroom. To hear someones voice lift up because you got her some cat litter. We also have found someone who can put some rock on two pillars on the outside of their home. She was so grateful. All this news came on the same day that her husband had checked himself into a hospital for depression. You know God doesn't waste anything. He is using this appointment with this family for me to. Wow more weed pulling.

Our anniversary is this weekend. We have been married 17 years this Saturday. It has gone fast. I still love Larry like crazy. I think he is wonderful. He is so kind and thoughtful. Tall and handsome. I love his heart. Absolutly would follow his heart where ever it takes us. I trust him with my life. He is a great husband, wonderful Father and the apple of his grandchildrens eyes. The other night we had Kinzie spend the night. We meet Larry at the mall to go to the play place and out for pizza. When we meet Larry Kinzie ran to him shouting PaPa. He scooped her up in his arms and held her. As he carried her to the car in the parking lot I followed them. I looked up at Kinzies face as she tucked her chin in his neck and thought I recognize that look. I feel the same way about him. Just another thing we have in common.

4 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Alex McGinnis said...

It's just because he looks like Donny Osmond!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Alex McGinnis said...

you think he looks like donnie... i thought the general rule was he looked like bob saggett... this is Mariah not Alex!!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Mrs Edgey said...

please let me know if there is anything else that your person needs... if we can help....

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Mrs Edgey said...

Oh and he does NOT look like Donny Osmond! He never wears purple disco pants or purple socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home