Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Quotes

Yesterday I finally had a couple of minutes to myself so I sat down and looked to see what was on Oprah. It was her or Reba. I only watch Oprah if she has Dr. Oz, Nate the decorater or chefs on. All of the other stuff is about what Oprah thinks of things and I really don't care. She has kind of gotten to big for her britches. I hope that doesn't happen to Dr. Oz. I like the way he explains things. Anyway, yesterday was Dr. Oz and it was a show on dying. They invterviewed people who had been told there was nothing that could be done for them or there desease. Really it was about living and not dying. The second person was a man who is a college proffesor. He had done a lecture at the college recently about his life. He called it childhood dreams. I think it is circulating on utube right now.
I remember one of the stories he told that was about how he used to go over and get his niece and nephew once a month to give his sister and her husband a break. Already, you can see how much he cares about other people. But one time when he went he had just gotten a new car. It was a convertible. The first new car he had ever had. When he went to pick up the kids his sister was talking to her kids about how they needed to be very careful in his car because it was new and he had worked hard for it. As she was talking to them they were smiling and giggling the whole time because over her shoulder they could see him, he was taking a can of soda pouring it in the new car. He never wanted them to think that the car was more important than they were. He said that he was so glad that he did because later on that day his nephew got sick and vomited in the car. He is glad that he doesn't live with regret that he might have made his nephew think that he less important than his car.

People are always more important than things.
Here are some quotes that he said.



*Expierience is what you get when you don't get what you want. (love that)

*Brick walls are not there to keep us out they are there to keep us trying.

*When people care about you they keep riding you to do better. When they don't care they just let you go.

Just some things to think about. I have a really busy next several days. Preparing for the wedding that I have this weekend. Doing the wedding and Harvest Night for the kids at church. Oh and school with the boys and all of the other stuff that goes with the house. Yea.
But I am looking forword to doing the wedding. It has been awhile since I have done any fress flowers so I am excited. Oh the smell of all the flowers fills the basement. It smells so fresh. And they are so beautiful. It will be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home