Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A cleanse about day 1

I am doing a 2 week cleanse. Today is actually day 2 but I will talk about day 1. Dr. Tyler Molstre told me about it several weeks ago and I thought about it alot since then. I was intrigued. As the time aproached I started thinking that this could be just what I was looking for. I was out of control with my carbs and sweets. It was nuts. Also, wanted something to give me a big boost in the start to weight loss. I am not going to lie. That was a big pull to the cleanse for me. So Monday night I went to the meeting about the cleanse. We took our weight....(yuk). Not fun and then Dr. Tyler went over the do's and don'ts of the cleanse. I was to start the next morning when I woke up.
One of the things that is not allowed is coffee. I am a morning coffee drinker so I looked at the list and saw that organic green tea is allowed and encouraged since it helps with the cleanse. No sweetner but Stevia or xylitol. So I went over to the store to the health section and purchased my organic green tea and some stevia. I had fresh fruits and vegetables enough to start me out.

Tuesday morning came day 1 of the 2 week cleanse and I had my first cup of organic green tea. If you would have asked me yesterday I would have said that I was not a fan. I mean compared to coffee with creamer and spenda it tasted like fish oil. Uhg.......
But this morning I thought it was alittle better. I mean from fish oil there is no where to go but up. Yesterday I tended to go towards the eating every 2 hours instead of every hour. It is hard to eat every hour. I liked the 2 hours and was suprised that I was not majorly hungry. A portion the size of your fist of veg and fruit is quite a bit especially if you know that you are going to be eating again in an hour or two.
Yesterday my menu consisted of the green beans, watermelon, steel cut oats, bannanas, carrots, tomatoes, apples and more green beans. Our family meal was green beans that I steamed, potatoes and chicken. I had the green beans and an apple.
I don't neccasarily feel deprived.

I was expecting a headache but never really had a full blown headache. I am tired and by last night at 9:00 P.M. I was dragging and fell asleep ont he couch. When I got up this morning I was down 3 lbs according to my scale.

Let's see how today goes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home