Monday, March 17, 2008

Last week I embarked on a new adventure. We met with Larry's sister and brother in law to discuss being there landscape designer for there buisness. I also talked with another landscape company and discussed the same with them and it looks like it will work out. I need to get a fax system put in to send info back and forth and I am up to my eyeballs in landscaping books. I don't think that design will be a problem. I know my plants and can find info on plant care for almost anything on the internet. When I talked with the second company and saw that last year they designed and put in a big water fall with patio and fire pit at the bottom of it in the back yard of this house I got a little freaked out but thought to myself "what am I doing here", "who do I think that I am". But I will take it on a case by case deal.

I have many projects going. Weddings, landscaping and church community outreach projects. All needing attention and time. But I am enjoying it all. I am also back on the walking again after my break because of my leg. I am in the, getting back into the habit phase, so I have to make myself do it everyday which means fighting my flesh to make it do it but I try to remember last summer when my body got to the place of asking for it everyday. I loved that and am working towards that again.

This weekend I am having my Mom's side of the family out for Easter dinner. It will be fun. One of my favorite cousins will not be here. She and her husband are going to see there daughter in Phoenix. I am really disappointed but still am looking forword to seeing everyone.

When I was growing up my Moms side of the family was a big part of my life. We spent alot of time together and my cousins were actually some of my best friends. When we moved to Dallas Center I did not get to see them as much as I used to and now most of us have families of our own and now our children are married and we are grandparents. We don't have very old grandchildren but it is harder and harder to get together. But I was thinking about how much they mean to me and decided that I would take the opportunity to get them all together as many as possible anyway.
I would love to have a family reunion. Not this year but next. It would have been great to do it this year because my cousin and her family from Austria are going to be here. Her whole family doesn't usually get to come because it is so expensive but this summer they will all be here. But my schedule won't make it work this summer so I am shooting for next summer. It would involve coordinating people from West Virginia, Minnesota, Arizona, Illinois, Ireland, Austria, Afganistan, South Carolina, Haiti and Iowa.
Wow. I will have to think about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home