Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Babies-thats right more than one

We have been busy! The days since last Friday have flown by so quickly. I really can’t believe that it is Dec. 11th already. Last weekend was the Woodward outreach at the Woodward boys academy. That always makes for a busy day. This year was the best it has ever gone. No trouble moving equipment. No trouble setting up and tearing down and there was not any trouble with sound.

On Sunday I don’t remember what we did. Oh yea, we went and picked up our christmas tree after church. It was so cold! We decided that we should have done it the weekend before when it was 55. This years tree is 13 feet tall. Putting the star on top was hilarious. Larry got on the ladder and used the tree trimmers that have a long handle on them to set the star on the top. Every year it is bigger and bigger. The boys love it and I have to admit that I do to.

Then on Monday morning the event we had all been waiting for had finally arrived.
Sara and Layne were going in to have the twins.
I picked Kinzie up at 8:00 a.m. so that they could go on to the hospital and we came home to get ready and go up ourselves.
The c-section was scheduled for 11:00 but it was late and the girls were born at 12:52 and 12:53. There names are Codi and Cassie. Each wieghing around 6lbs and 18 and 19 in. long. They are beautiful. Codi has dark hair and quite a bit of it and Cassie has blondish hair. They each lost quite a bit of weight at the hospital but I talked with Sara this morning, they had a doctor visit to check their weight and they were back up in the 6 lb area again. Praise God they are healthy. A lot of change for their family. Little Kinzie is still adjusting. It is not easy for her. But she will be o.k. in time. Sara and Layne are wonderful parents. Larry and I watched them one afternoon so that Layne and Sara could take a much needed nap and we looked at each other and laughed because we don't have to share. Their is one for each of us.

I had a dinner here on Sunday for my Mom’s 73rd birthday. It was fun and she had a good time.

This week I am going to get my baking done. I am making some different types of bread for some family and friends. We will see how it turns out.
We still have some shopping to finish up so we will be doing it up to the middle of next week. What else is new for us. Every year I hope but it doesn’t work out. We try and we do a lot better than we used to.

I have had a dream in general for a long time and a more specific dream for a couple of years. Not the kind of dream you have while you are sleeping but a desire kind of dream and I am watching and seeing what I believe is Gods hand putting it together. I will tell you more about that later.


Merry Christmas. Enjoy the season and all it holds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home