Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Hallowthanksmas

The title refers to an article that I saw recently in the Register. It was in the opinion section talking about how that all the holidays run together and how early the Christmas stuff is out etc. Well I was a contributor. I did the Christmas decorations at the church on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I know it was early but I usually spend my long weekend after Thanksgiving putting up Christmas at the church and I just wanted to spend it with my husband and kids this year. So I put it up early. Only one service before Thanksgiving and two services from Dec. 1st but who’s counting.

So Thanksgiving was nice. We went to Larry’s parents for lunch with his family. His two sisters and their kids. Before we prayed for the meal Larry’s dad told us about a dream he had that morning. He had gotten up at 4:00 a.m and read for awhile then he layed back down to sleep some more. While he was sleeping he had a dream that he was homeless. He was wondering around downtown walking because he didn’t have a car. He couldn’t call because he didn’t have any money and he did’nt have a cell phone. He was cold because he didn’t have a good coat.
He said that we are all so blessed and don’t really thank God for it everday like we should or appreciate what we have. He is right.

For Christmas this year on Larry’s side of the famlily instead of us all buying gifts and them buying gifts for us Bill and Doris asked us if all of us would give the money that we would spend on Christmas towards buying a car for someone who doesn’t have one and needs a car and they would do the same. We all agreed.
Bill is good at finding cars and figuring out if they have anything wrong with them. He can fix quite a few of the things himself.
So he found a car at a lot but it was a lot more money than what we all had. When Bill told the mand what we were wanting to do he knocked $600.00 off the price of the car. He wanted to be a part of the gift himself.
So Bill bought it and through some other people they found a single mom with daughters who was in need. A christian women who had been praying and asking God to meet her need. The man at the car lot got to give her the keys and took her for a test drive to show her about the car. He thought it was great.
Yesterday Brendon said he thought what Grandpa shared before dinner was pretty good and he thought true. He liked the idea that he was a part of helping someone who needed a car. Really what does Brendon need that 15.00 was going to get him. His needs are met. But with all the 15.00 and 20.00 combined a real need was met. And God was glorified through it all. Brendon allowed the glory of God to be seen through him. That is a real gift.

So we did do some shopping on black Friday. We did not accomplish much but a small dent was made. Friday night we crashed.

On Saterday it was still so nice out that we decided to clean out our garage. A project we were gratfull to get done. Larry built shelves and organized. He was happy about his acomplishment. I related it to when I organize my cupboards or clean out a closet. I understood.

Sunday still nice outside. Put all my roses to bed for the winter and covered outdoor faucets. Then I tackled some projects in the basement. Totes of clothes to go through. I had been wanting to do this for along time. I burned in the burn pile workbooks that I still had from when Alex used workbooks in school.
It felt so good to get all that done.

While I was putting somethings of Alex's away in there room I found your red nail polish Mariah. I borrowed it, hope you don't mind and tonight I have red nails. I have never wore red nail polish. So I am going test drive it for a couple of days.
Thanks Mariah.

4 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger Alex McGinnis said...

I thought I got first right to burn whatever I wanted after school. What's up with that ah?

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

Oh, don't worry. I have plenty of things of yours for you to sort through and burn to your hearts desire if you wish while you are on your winter break. I have three totes saved just for you.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Alex McGinnis said...

your welcome red really doesnt work for me but Alex liked it

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

I thought it was great on you. Thats the only reason that I considered it was because I liked it so much on you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home