Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Posting Back to Back

Two days in a row! What's up with that?

I wanted to tell you the story of the all illusive office Christmas party outfit.
Every year Larry and I go to his office Christmas party. Larry always designs the invitation so as soon as he tells me he is working on it I start feeling the stress.
It is silly I know but it can be an intimidating 2 hours for me. I am not usually intimidated but for some reason I am at this. Most of the women there work there and so they all know each other. I don't know what it is I just know that I dread it. Especially when it comes to what to wear. Normally, we go directly from doing Woodward Christmas, loading, setting up, playing, tearing down, unloading. You get the picture. Then we are supposed to go to this party and look partyish.
This year it is the night before Woodward so I thought Wow I can take my time getting dressed. I was going to put my hair up and really thought I could feel good when I go. So on Friday when we were shopping I found a great winter white suit and top at Penneys for 60% off. I grabbed it. It was exactly what I had wanted and at a great price. I was so excited. This year it was finally coming together.

Larry was at Younkers with the boys. I went to meet them and told Larry my exciting news. Brendon wanted to go and look at something(he had one of those $10.00 off coupons on anything over $10.00. We usually look for socks if we can't find anything else to use it on and pay $1.35 for a bunch of sock) anyway......
when I got back to Larry who was waiting in line to buy socks he had just told Conner that he forgot to tell me that this year since the party was at The Lodge at Jester Park the dress was jeans and sweater. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't have any nice sweaters. Jeans, they are what I wear everyday.
But in a way it will be more comfortable and maybe relaxing since it is casual. Plus now I get to look for a new top to wear with my jeans on Friday. Plus I am keeping the suit and wearing it to the Christmas program at church.

Hope you have fun at your Christmas Parties.

3 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Mrs Edgey said...

It is sooooo(sarcasm)sad you have to buy an extra outfit! Get something festive that you can wear all winter.... like snowmen. My favorite. Then we can see it too. :)

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

all right, all right, I know my life is rough! lol.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger marysto said...

5 parties this year.

2 that I want to go to, and 2 that I am obligated to go to, 1 that I have to play keyboards for.

I wish you ladies could come to Michigan for a party.

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home