Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Sometimes busyness is distracting

I have just been recouperating from two weeks of busyness. I took Monday after the wedding to just veg and then it was off to the races for Fall Family Fun Night at church.
I ran errands for last minute stuff on Friday, sat up all day on Saturday and had a meeting on Saturday night at church. Pastor forgot about the meeting so he was late. That was a blessing to me because it gave me an extra 40 min. to do some more things and I didn’t have to stay after the meeting to do them. On Sunday right after church we came home grabbed a quick lunch and off again for the church. Bowling was from 2-4. I didn’t go because I was at the church but I heard they had fun even though there was problems with the lanes. I really want to go to Waukee’s Warrior lanes next year. It is more money but what good is cheap if the lanes don’t work. Then we went back to the church for games, food and a movie. It went really well.

Larry’s parents get Kenneth Coplands monthly magazine and when they are done they share them with us.
I had forgotten about them until the other day when I picked one up. Usually every month they write a story about one of there partners who has gone through something in there lives that would send most of us packing, questioning God and wanting to say that God is not faithful.
I am always so challenged by these faith filled stories. I come away asking myself how much of the word do I really hold in me. Do I meditate on the word of God and let it become life to me? In the middle of a personal crisis do I know the word and is it life to me that I can speak out and bring life to that situation. Would I be able to pray the prayer of faith for that situation?
I feel the Lord leading me in a path to know him more intimently. I cannot do this unless I know his word. Because, he is his word. To know his word is to know him. I have seen in my mind a picture of me sitting on the floor of my bedroom between my bed and the wall. I have my headphones on and my Bible sitting next to me on the floor. I have seen this many times.
Yesterday I thought of that picture and wondered if God is showing me the place where he wants to meet with me everyday.
I can lock my bedroom door. If I face the wall I will not be distracted by the things in my room that would beckon me to give them attention.

Sounds weird I know, but I want more. I am ready to do weird or what ever it takes to move past were I am now to live-abundantly above, more than I could ever imagine or think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home