Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Running Behind

Friday we didn’t do our regualar Friday afternoon errand running. Instead we meet Larry after he got off work and shopped for Conner’s new glasses. We found some he really likes and they should be in around Monday. After that we went to Godfathers for pizza. It was late and we were all hungry so it tasted really good. Saterday we worked in the yard and then we went to worship practice. I walked on Saterday again that was day 4 for last week. My knees are getting stronger and I have less pain all the time unless I sit to long. Then when I get up I am stiff. I hope that goes away eventually. My doctor and PT both said that I need to build up my guads and that will help. Sunday was church. Pastor did a service on missions. That meant that we had no childrens ministry. It felt odd to get into the car without 20 things around us to take into the church. After church we meet with a family that have a son who is strugeling with ADD. Just listening to them brought back so many memories. My heart really went out to them. They are embarrassed to say anything and I understand why. There still is an amazing lack of understanding about ADD. It is word that has been thrown around so much that I think people have become desensitized to it. And some people, actually I think many say well I forget things all the time maybe I have ADD. If that’s all it is that’s not so bad. No that’s not all there is to it. And for many kids they have suffered a terrible blow to there self esteem from the other kids they go to school with or from there own families and many times from themselves. They know they are different. They see others having success and do not understand why they don’t.
This Mom said that other people see his behaviors and think that is who he is. But she knows his heart and knows that is not who he really is. I cried with her and we encouraged them to try different things and get information. As much as they can get there hands on.
Sunday afternoon we hung out and then during youth we went to Pastor and Vicki’s for a coffee.
Monday I had a hard time motivating myself to do much of anything. We got school done and I had PT in the afternoon. It was cold and windy outside, a perfect excuse for a fire in the fireplace. I don’t really need an excuse for a fire. I love to have the fireplace going. Especially on dark dreary days.
Oh I almost forgot that on Sunday afternoon we watched the Iowa game. It is March madness time in our house. Larry really enjoys basketball. It is my aim every March to give him every opportunity to wallow in as much basketball as he would like. On the night of the final four-championship game we have all the guys favorite munchies and they have a fit fot themselves.
Larry doesn’t really ask for much. In fact I can’t really think of anything he really makes a big deal about. Maybe sleep in once in a while, watch a little cartoon with the boys occasionally, and make his favorite cookies now and then. I can’t really think of anything else. He doesn’t really even say anything about those things or anything else but when I do something that makes his face kind of get that I like that look. I pay attention.
And you should see his face when he watches basketball. So March is his month. He loves college basketball. Let the madness begin.


Just “B”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home