Wednesday, February 22, 2006

TIME FLIES


I will catch us all up. It has been such a long time since I have posted. Here is the easiest way to do this.
FRIDAY
A. Went to Menards and bought paint and supplies to paint in the superchurch room.
B. My sister Debby meet me at the church to measure, draw and tape off the room.
C. That took all day
D. Friday night we had a fire in the fireplace and watched the Olympics.
SATERDAY
A. Grocery shopping in the morning. Normally this is on my Friday to do list. But it had to move to Saterday. It was to cold for to many people to be out so it went fast.
B. I had to be home by 11:30 to unload and put away necesities and leave by 12:00 for Prarie City.
C. Went to a birthday party for my Dad who turned 70 this month. I saw some people that I grew up with. It brought back some good memories. I will share more about that another time. It could be fun to write about.
D. Later that afternoon there was worship team practice. After practice we made sure everything we needed was at the church for Sunday and picked up the room.
E. I had put chili in the crockpot earlier in the day so when we got home it was nice and hot. If you will remember Saterday was cold so it tasted good.
F. That night, more of the Olympics.
SUNDAY
A. We had church in the morning. It did seem like a Wednesday night crowd. Where was everyone? What keeps people from coming to church? There was a time right after Larry started to lead praise and worship that Larry had a terrible sinus infection. I don’t remember if it was a Sunday or a Wednesday but he was in bed and miserable. He asked me to call Pastor Ted and tell him that he didn’t think he could do worship. So I called. Pastor asked me to let him talk to Larry so he could pray for him. He prayed for Larry and asked him to take a step of faith and come to church. Larry dragged himself out of bed and we went to church. He led worship that night. You might think that Pastor was not very nice to ask Larry get out of bed and come to church but actually it was the best thing because sickness or HOW WE FELT took a back seat to what was best for us to do. Sickness does not try to keep us out of church very often now but the devil will try other things. The important lesson is that we don’t make decisions on HOW WE FEEL. (This rant is all Ryans fault. But I share his frustration)
B. After church I had a Kinderchurch teacher meeting. It was a very good meeting. They are a terrific group of dedicated people.
C. In the afternoon I went to see my Mom in the hospital. She had some difficulty with the knee she had surgery on and had been there since Wednesday night. She is home now and still doesn’t know what caused what happened.
D. Then I had a meeting at 5:30 for all the teachers’ assitstants in all the childrens ministry classes. It to was a good meeting. We have a lot of teenagers who assist in these classes and they do a terrific job. In fact they take up a huge load in this area and they are awesome.
E. Sunday night when I got home I was ready to sit for a while and be with Larry and the boys. Sunday night I don’t think anything could have felt better than my bed did.
MONDAY
A. Again I made a run to Menards. I realized I had neglected a few things. I picked them up and off we went to the church.
B. Vicki meet me there and we painted the east and west walls in the superchurch room. I really enjoy working with Vicki. When she works she works constant. She is diligent and keeps at it until the project is done. And makes sure that everything is put away when we are done. You don’t have to give direction rather you just want to keep pace with her so the work gets done. Plus she is just enjoyable to be around. She even had some painting that she was in the middle of at her own house with people coming over in the afternoon and an out of town quest coming that night to stay in the room she was painting and she still came to help me. What can you say about a woman like that. She is great. Maybe when I grow up I will be like her.
C. In the evening I had to catch up laundry and you guessed it…..watch more Olympics. It was the finals of ice dancing. One of my favorites and a lot of fun to watch.
TUESDAY
A. I had a physical therapy appointment at 7:15 in the morning. Mike my PT had told me a while back that we would see where we were at in a couple of weeks and then send me back to the surgeon if there was not significant improvement. Well yesterday that was what happened. He sent me packing back to the surgeon with a letter from him explaining that my knee has not improved since his start of treatment. This means that there is probably something else wrong. GREAT! Not what I wanted to hear. I was extremly discouraged yesterday. I am so tired of doing this and my knee hurts all the time. Now it is swollen and sometimes it will catch. The way it feels is very familiar to me. So I have an appointment next week and we will see what they say.
B. I really did not do too much else yesterday. Just enough to get by. I told you I was a little depressed.
C. In the evening…right again, we watched the Olympics. Figure skating started and it is one of my favorites.
Wehhhhh. All caught up. Today is Tuesday and I definatly cannot let today be like yesterday. Hey didn’t I just give that feelings speech. I had better do what I said and not let my feelings be my guide. Besides I am getting a haircut today and that is always a great pick me up.

Bye,
B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home