Thursday, February 16, 2006

Today is Thursday. I don’t think I have posted for a couple of days, I can’t remember.
We had a nice Valentines Day. Larry got me roses. I know you are probably saying, “that is so traditional” and your right it is but I love roses. They really are my favorite flower. I worked in the floral industry for 13 or14 years and never got flowers. And truthfully on Valentines I didn’t care if I ever saw a rose. I had usually put in about 48 hours straight and all I wanted to see was my pillow. But now I love getting flowers. I love to look at them and smell them and touch them. There petals are so soft and some colors look like velvet. The color in roses is almost undescribable. Man made colors in paints and dyes cannot compare to color in a rose. So much depth, such intensity and purity to them. I love roses. Larry out did himself this year as he bought Kinzie some pretty spray roses. Kinzie says they are booiful and that her Papa loves her very very much and she is absolutly right. I fixed a Valentines Dinner for us all. Steak, sauted green beans, steamed cauliflower and frosted brownies. Brendon and Conner surprised us with valentines and in them was there gift. Conner will be cooking dinner on Friday and Brendon will be doing all the clean up (he says there is nothing on t.v but girlie shows any way) and to Larry they gave 4 hours of complain free work. Not to bad a deal I would say. Wednesday we did not do too much during the day but we went to church that night.
That brings us up to today, Thursday.
This morning bright and early I had physical therapy. My knee is not making great progress. Mike said that he would watch it and if by the end of next week we did not see improvement then he would have me go back and see my surgeon because no improvement is a red flag that they think the surgeon should know about and that something in there is not right. Then he said, “Not to freak you out.” To late for that! I told him I was sure we would see improvement because I was not going to have to see my surgeon.
Today has been a totally lazy day. Maybe it’s the snow or the cold. I don’t know. I made some homade chicken and noodle soup for dinner. I think I am going to give Duke a bath and then build a nice fire.
A nice fire and a cup of hot blueberry tea here I come.

Have a great snow day!
B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home