Thursday, February 09, 2006

Middle Age

I found this on the back of a box of blueberry tea. I kind of liked it. Here it is.
The Poetics of Middle Age

My closest friend of forty years informs me that rather than "middle"aged, the French say mur, which means "ripe". Ready, then-at last! To be savored. And indeed, in those strange and yet familiar lines of her face I recognize not the unfairness of time, but its justice, its generosity, its capacity to fit people together so perfectly. As for the "big questions," they've somehow lost their intrigue. "What are we here for?" now seems less pressing than, "Who are we here for?" After all, we'll probably never be able to answer the first. But the second....well, we need only take a look around!
I have often thought even when I was in my thirties that there was something special waiting for me when I turned 50. My fifties are just ahead of me and rather than pushing them away I look forward to them. Some of you that are reading this are just twenty something and can not possibly relate. But I do relate to the line in this writing that says more I think about who am I here for. And that is something that I think getting older affords you. More time for others if you choose to fill up your time that way. A time to better know yourself. Oh this is so way past most of you. But I do think about it from time to time On to other things.
I went to physical therapy this morning at 8:00. It was as I suspected...painful.
But I knew that was the way it was going to be. Mike(my pt) doesn't really know why my knee is catching but it defiantly does now have the full range of motion that it should have. I was not surprised as since I have been having trouble with it I have been favoring it. Not putting it as straight as I should which causes it to not go as flat as it should. So when I go to stand up it is stiff. So now I have this series of exercises to do. I am actually don't mind because it is the road to not having to deal with this anymore and on to other things.
Today we are getting school done. Looks like we are in a good place for the end of the week. Ya! I have been playing a CD this morning by Lakewood Church. Lakewood Live. I had forgotten how much I like it.
Conner is going to his first Aquire the Fire this weekend. He is looking forward to it. Desperation will be there and I can't wait to hear what he thinks about them. I really enjoy them. Next year Brendon will be going, how weird is that.
We are going to have Kinzie with us this weekend during ATF. How fun. We are going to do something just now sure what. I want to get some work done on the store in the superchurch room and buy paint to start painting the actual design next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home