Monday, April 03, 2006

It is 8:00 and it is still light outside. I love it. It seems like we have been so busy. Friday night Larry and I went to the Phillips Craig and Dean concert at First Federated. They were great. There hearts really shine through their music and their harmonies are so tight. We had a great time.

Saterday we had worship practice in the morning. After worship practice Larry and I went to coffee with another couple at the chit and chat. We don’t really visit with this couple very often so it was really enjoyable to get to know them better. Saterday afternoon Layne, Sara and Kinzie came out to hang out and watch the NCAA basketball game.

Sunday morning came very early with daylight savings time starting. I usually get up at 6:30 on Sunday mornings to get my shower done and get everyone else started. I did get up at 6:30 but it really was 5:30 and it felt like 5:30. Wow it was the sand in the eye thing going on and everything. Church was good. Larry’s Mom and Dad came to church. They had never heard Layn e preach. Sara had invited them and they took her up on the offer. They were surprised because if you know Layne he is usually pretty quiet. But when he preaches it is just the opposite. I love listening to him and watching him. I know you are probably thinking sure you would say that. You’re his mom. And you’re right I am his mom and I am so proud of him. Back to Sunday. After church we all went out to lunch and then we came home and crashed taking a Sunday afternoon nap. It felt great. Sunday night we just hung out.

Now we are up to speed and this is Monday. Kinzie went back to coming at 6:30 again, which is the normal time that she comes but last week she came at 7:30. I didn’t even have to set the alarm clock but not now. I had an errand to run at noon and them Layne got off work early so I dropped Kinzie off at her house. Brendon and I ran some errands in town. Brendon had bought a big kite at Costco last week and he has been flying it for the last couple of days. Today he was flying it and he let Kinzie hold it and she let go. Brendon chased it across the yard and almost caught it when his dog Troy got in the way and the kite went up to the very top of the oak trees and stayed there. Kinzie thought it was funny watching Brendon run across the yard. She didn’t understand how kites work. It is her first one this year. After she saw it stuck in the trees she knew that wasn’t the way it was supposed to be. She looked at Brendon and said she was sorry and that she loved him.
He was forgiving of her about the whole thing. I was so glad.
So I told him I would get him another one. We ran to Costco and picked it up this afternoon. This one is a pirate ship. The first one was a dragon.
When I was in college at Kirkwood in Cedar Rapids the would have people out in the lawns in fron to the main buildings every spring with these huge big kites in every shape you can imagine. They were all so colorful. A group of my friends and I would take blankets and lie on the lawn and look up and just watch the kites.

Tonight is the championship game of the NCAA tournament. We are watching it together and thus ends the March madness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home