Thursday, September 14, 2006

Loyal to the death

Blogger I was about to move my blog to another spot but lucky for you Kim saved you.
After I finally ecked out some time to post the dumb thing wouldn't work again. It said it was 100% published but wouldn't come up. Last night at church Kim suggested that I try something and it worked. Lucky for you blogger.

Yesterday was a great day for school. We seem to have moved into somewhat of a routine. We started our 14th year of homeschooling this year. We were actually done soon enough that we could go over to Beaver Lake. Conner took his pole of course and Brendon took Troy. He had been wanting to let Troy swim in the lake for quite awhile. Yesterday was beautiful, the perfect day for Troy to begin his swimming lessons.

I thought that all dogs just knew how to swim. I thought they were born that way. I was wrong. Watching Troy learn to swim was the best laugh I had in a while. Troy is Brendons 95lb. Labradoodle
He would put his head straight up in the air and arch his back as if he was trying to walk on water with two legs. His front paws would go up and down like a horse when it is showing off or fighting. I stood on the dock and laughed. Brendon got in the lake with him and a couple of times Troy tried to climb up on Brendon to save himself. But after several tries and endless fun for me he got the hang of it.

I wish I had a video camera to film Brendon and that dog. The look on Brendons face . He loves that dog. And on Troys face you could see how much he wanted to please Brendon. A boy and his dog. Hmmmmm. I think I have heard that somewhere before.

As for Conner, no fish. Me, after I watched to make sure Troy was not going to drown or he was not going to drown Brendon I sat in the sunshine and read the paper. The sun felt so good.

I love to look outside my french doors in the living room and see the patterns the sun makes on the lawn. It only looks like this at this time of year. It looks like something in a painting. Not a very exciting bit of news just something that makes me happy.

1 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger Mrs Edgey said...

Whoohoo, you finally got the dumb thing to work! I'm glad we didn't have to switch to myspace.com or something. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home